Thursday, February 10, 2011

It's a Sky Captain Lily!


So this is something that I have been drawing for months now. Ever since my daughter picked up a pair of goggles and thought they were cooler than sliced bread. She insists on wearing them around the house for at least an hour or two a day. Which is the cutest friken thing EVER. I imagine though when she first put them on she didn't think of herself as a steampunk inspired Sky Captain... Rather the Evil genius 'Professor Bug' from the 'Backyardigans'. That aside, she is what inspires me a lot these days, so it's all good. I'm sure this will be the upgrade from Super Hero Lily. Which in case you all didn't know was a story that my husband used to tell Lily every night before she went to bed. She and walnut would go on grand adventures and trials and run into people she knows in real life in her storybook journey. So here we are with her turning into a sky captain, with her side kick walnut. I have a few other characters sketched out for this Series, but I am unsure that I will keep them in the lineup.
One of these days I'm going to have Ken (my husband) write down the old stories he's told her, and come up with some new fabulous ones for SCL. Anyway here's her model sheet. If anyone wants me to upload the model sheet not on a textured background, please let me know in the comments section, and I will oblige.
Peace <3
-bunny

1 comment:

  1. that is such an epic concept, absolutely love the character sheet style. Nice one Kyle. :)

    ReplyDelete